Re: swiss-list: greatest planet in the universe

From: Eric Dubuis <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:50:54 -0800 (PST)

Dear swiss listers,

Let's not forget that most of us (Swiss) are here as visitors (yes,
even when living here). As such I believe we should be at least a
tad more polite and show some respect to our hosts and their way of
living. It is very OK to express criticism and different opinions,
but "c'est le ton qui fait la musique". And some of the statements
made in this forum came across as quite arrogant.

What do you think about foreigners in Switzerland, that complain about
our (Swiss) way of living. You would probably kindly(?) ask them to
leave. We all are here because we want to. We do profit from this
situation in one way or the other. If not, we wouldn't be here. Whether
our employer profits from us or not is quite a different question and
has nothing to do with us being here in the first place. None of us
are forced to work and live here.

Thanks,
Eric