Re: swiss-list: greatest country on earth

From: Mark Jaroski <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:48:26 +0100

jeans martha wrote:
> I am really shocked by the mixed and negative
> attitudes towards the US. I must be the only American
> signed up on the swiss list...which I am because I
> love Switzerland and Europe.

Nope. I'm here too, at least in part to gain some
information for use in my move from the bay area to CH last
year.

> I am shocked that all of you are so willing to come
> here and profit financially and other only to
> criticize the country and then leave. I would prefer
> to see Swiss people wanting to stay here and donate to
> the society bringing their European culture and
> decency in the sense of helping us change and become
> more civilized (no more death penalty, socialized
> medicine, better food).

And how does one achieve anything without critising?

> shame on all of you. I am taking my name off of
> swiss-list because of all this.

I hope you stayed long enough to get this message, because
you of all people should understand that short of becoming
naturalized the folks on this list have only one avenue for
changing things in the U.S., which is to complain.

So you're asking for two mutually exclusive things...

Please, now everyone let's continue the discussion. ;)