Re: swiss-list: greatest planet in the universe

From: Nicole Hillbrecht <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:29:24 -0800

I don't share your opinion on who is narrow minded. First of all, I believe I do
not only profit here in the USA. Our company brings a lot of business for US
companies as well as job opportunities for US people.

I do not think, it is narrow minded to think not only of the USA or Switzerland
but also of countries like Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Irak, Iran, etc... It
is clear to me, that I cannot get enough information about these countries in
the US news. Is it open minded to care only about the own country?

I appreciate some of the differences between the USA and Switzerland very much.
Others I do not appreciate. And several differences, I find very dangerous. This
does not put me in a situation, where I have to tell myself, to leave this
country.

After the war in Afghanistan began and after I discussed politics and oil
industry involvement with several US people, some of them ask me to leave their
country. Is this open minded? Live our way or go home? Be our opinion or leave?

I don't think so.

Nicole