Re: swiss-list: Anticipated Tax in Switzerland

From: Patrick Hensel <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:50:40 +0100

>Well - Then go back to Switzerland. You don't sound any less patriotic to
>me than any American I've talked to here…

Well I will for sure. I am not as patriotic as you think, I always try to be
objective. I am not driving around with 50x70cm swiss stickers on my car nor
a swiss flag is hanging on my car as they do it here.

>For me it's a fact that the US is the greatest nation on earth; the US is
>economically more successful and stronger than any nation in the world.
>Think about what has been created here over the last 200 years; and over
>the last years (90's).
If you are talking about the economy, on your place I would not be so sure
that this place is so great. See e.g. Enron, etc...(compare to that Expo02
and Swissair are peanuts...) or the tech bubble, etc. The econony did not
crashed completealy yet, because many countries are still pumping blindly
their money in this country. While the US is squander on weapons and
destroying their nature in Alaska while they are digging for oil. Or am I
exaggerating?

>If we Europeans are sooo
>great and sooo much more intelligent/educated, then why don't we finally
>get out act together and do it better??

There is a simple answer: the US do not mind other countries opinions, which
we saw in many things during ther last few years. They still believe that
they are the best and the way they do it is the only one...

>Yes, the US - having the size of an elephant - produces more 'shit' than a
>mouse. I do not want to know how much 'shit' Switzerland would produce if
>they had the size of an elephant!?

Yes I am sure that Switzerland is not producing so much shit than they do
here....

>Yes, the US is playing a power game; they are defending their No. 1 status.
>Which country would not do that (France!? UK!?) ? Which other country would
>you want to see in No. 1 position? China??

I do not want to see any country as number one. International organisations
like the UN or IKRK (and many other institutions)should be the number one,
where all small and big countries have the same power and vote
(unfortunately the US has still to much power in the UN). But if that change
than it is time for Switzerland to be a part of it.

>I can not recall any war in history that was started by the US. Let me know
>if I am wrong.

Well actual examples are Iraque and Afghanistan. I do not remember that any
afghan or iraqui army invaded the US, but the US did it in these countries.
I do not mention the millions of people who where killed since WWII directly
or indirectly by US help.