Re: swiss-list: Greates country in the world?

From: Canan Grunder <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:20:00 +0000

   Ok, this is the thing,

   No country is perfect and there is always that one place for everybody
   which suits them the most (IN MOST CASES THAT IS THEIR HOME COUNTRY)
   The way I see it like this: I'm a complete European and Swiss. I don't
   enjoy American lifestyle, I don't enjoy their food, I don't enjoy
   their ignorance, I don't enjoy their "we are the best attitude", I
   don't like the way they eat and dress, and how they have no clue even
   about many things in their own country. And frankly, this is why I
   don't have many American friends, it just doesn't click at all. The
   list could go on and on but I think we all know what I mean. But this
   is the thing: Americans are good at many tings and even though it is a
   mystery to me most times of how they managed to be so successfull in
   many areas, they are. So, if I come to this country to take advantage
   of something that they do well, then it is also my job to look at the
   positive side and be respectful. Yes, I cannot wait to go back to
   Europe but I also know that Americans are not as arrogant in some ways
   as we are (because we have culture they don't) and they have made
   great contributions to our society in science, medicince, technology,
   literature, entertainment, and retail. I think we take these things
   for so granted sometimes we forget that we owe much to the Amricans as
   well. I would never spend more than a day than necessairy in this
   country but at the same time I think we Europeans should be careful
   not to become as ignorant as the Americans are.

   canan
   Canan Grunder
   50 Park Row West
   Providence, RI 02903