Re: swiss-list: greatest country on the planet

From: Stephen Meyer <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:10:01 -0800

Well - Then go back to Switzerland. You don't sound any less patriotic to
me than any American I've talked to here.

For me it's a fact that the US is the greatest nation on earth; the US is
economically more successful and stronger than any nation in the world.
Think about what has been created here over the last 200 years; and over the
last years (90's). If we Europeans are sooo great and sooo much more
intelligent/educated, then why don't we finally get out act together and do
it better??

Yes, the US - having the size of an elephant - produces more 'shit' than a
mouse. I do not want to know how much 'shit' Switzerland would produce if
they had the size of an elephant!? Yes, unfortunately, the US currently has
one of the worst presidents ever.

Yes, the US is playing a power game; they are defending their No. 1 status.
Which country would not do that (France!? UK!?) ? Which other country would
you want to see in No. 1 position? China??

I can not recall any war in history that was started by the US. Let me know
if I am wrong.

Stephen