Re: swiss-list: Importing fondue?

From: Nicole Hillbrecht <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:14:05 -0800

I never had problems to import Fondue mix from Switzerland and I do it
regularly. As long as you don't take the package which has to be cooled, it
should be ok (not considered as fresh, I guess.. :-).

You'll find the Maizena as 'Corn Starch' in every supermarket. As for the
'Alcool a bruler' you'll find 'Fondue fuel' from Sterno (company name) in
most of the hardware stores. Some other shops have these paste that you can
use - I guess, it's also called Fondue fuel.

Some supermarkets also have fondue mix - from 'Swiss Knight' (I guess it's
Gerber), at least down here in the LA area (Ralphs, Trader Joe's).

E Guete,

Nicole