swiss-list: Importing fondue?

From: Vuko Brigljevic <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:01:47 -0800

Hi all,

I would like to bring some Fondue cheese from Switzerland
to the US to show some US friends what a real fondue is.
My plan would be to bring some of these premixed chese
mixtures from MIGROS, packed in a closed bag.

Is it allowed to bring these fondues mixtures to the US?
Anything special you have to do/say at the arrival
airport (SFO in my case)?

Two other Fondue related questions:
- Maicena ("fecule de mais" in french): can you find it
  in the US (Bay Area more precisely), say at Safeway?
  How is it called in english?
- "Alcool a bruler"/"Brandspirit": what would be the
  english name to look for that? I guess you must be
  able to find it somehow in the US.

Thanks,

Vuko

  Vuko Brigljevic, Dr.sc.nat. ETH Zurich | Mail : SLAC, Mail Stop 41
  Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory | P.O. Box 4349,
Stanford
  Nuclear and Particle Physics Division | CA 94309, USA
                                         | SLAC-Office : B280- room 143
  Member of the BaBar Collaboration | Phone : +1-650-926 8512
  < > <http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~vuko>