Re: swiss-list: UBS money transfer

From: Thomas Pollinger <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:16:24 -0800

> Hi,
>
> Do someone know how to transfer money from an US bank to the UBS bank in
> Switzerland? I guess we need a ABA number (9 digits) of the corresponding UBS
> bank in USA. Do someone know this number?
>
> Thanks,
> Antonello

Hi Antonello.

I have an account at Credit Suisse and got bitten once while using the
wire service they offer at Bank of America: you pay $45 to make the
wire, it lasts a pretty long time to transfer, you have to get all the
routing info for the Swiss Bank (e.g. the man behind the counter at Bank
of America did not know what Credit Swiss means;) ).

I did the same thing again but this time I wrote a regular personal
check. Credit Suisse charged roughly $10 (or less I don't remember) and
everything went fine.

-Thomas