RE: swiss-list: "No objection" waivers

From: cf <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:43:57 -0500

Dear Patrick

The good news:

Since November 2000, H1 worker are allowed to start working under their new
status as soon as the H1 petition has been sent in. Thus how long it takes to
get it approved should not be an issue as long as you're not traveling outside
the US during that time (4+ month, up to 9 month).

The bad news:

THe waiver is *very* important and will be asked everytime you deal with the
INS - I do not believe the O visa will help in that matter.

I suggest you get the no objection letter from the swiss embassy . It should
take about 3-4 month to get the waiver from the State dpt.

Good luck!

Cecile Favre
San Diego