RE: swiss-list: H1 B visa extension

From: Laurent RUS <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:47:50 -0800 (PST)

Greetings:

If you plan to leave the country for Cristmas you
better not start the process since your I-94 number
will change and you will have to start the process
again. If you leave make sure that you come back with
your first H1 B visa still valid, and then you apply
for your extension. Although your H1B may expire while
in the US you can still continue working (up to 240
days) as long as you have filed for the extension and
have the notice of proceed from the INS.

Best regards,

Laurent

NB: The lawyers fee of 1200.00 sounds correct.

--- "Grisostomi, Corinna" <CGrisostomi_at_arqule.com>