Re: swiss-list: 6 years abroad and no more army?

From: Laurent Piguet <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:48:30 +0100

Well, I had heard of this as well, but in my case, I was reincorporated
despite the fact that I had spent just over 6 years abroad.

However, fear not! I have been reincorporated as a reservist and
therefore have not had to do anything besides my annual shooting
practice, which I don't mind doing.

Also, it was specified in an official newsletter from the Defense
ministry that because of the staff reductions, people will be
decommissioned much earlier. Basically, in my case (I was born in 1969),
the newsletter was stating I should be done with everything in 2003.

In summary, not too much to worry about if you are over 30.

Laurent

--
Laurent Piguet                                          piguet_at_yahoo.com
Rte de Buchillon 5                               Mobile: +41-79-310-3249