swiss-list: Re: -no subject-

From: Christina Boerner <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:33:04 +0100 (MET)

Hi Canan-

I don't know your background and future career and life plans, but you
should be aware that a Swiss law education is very focused on Swiss law and
therefore not that useful in an international environment, this just as a hint out
of own experience.
Concerning your questions: I think you should get in touch with the
university of your choice and ask at the "Kanzlei" (admission office). I am sure they
can tell you exactly, if part of your studies in the US will count for the
law degree (although I doubt it, as long as they are non law subjects).
Concerning college courses, some of them might overlap with some Matura-courses
(our high school degree) in Switzerland. I don't know if you went to school in
Switzerland before and have a Matura?
This being some first ideas, email me again, if you have more questions.
Good luck,
Christina