RE: swiss-list: Swissair ticket refunds

From: Michael R. Schuppenhauer <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:32:12 -0700

I would hope so. I am currently chasing Swissair because they
(that is SR themselves) do NOT (!) refund. SR in LAX as well as
in ZRH has refused to refund but sends the tickets to accounting.

The key seems to be that the Travel Agent has ways to get money
back (ie like credit card organizations).

Lesson learned:
Don't buy directly from Airlines and do not pay cash, but usea
insured credit card (such as Amex Gold/Platinum or some of the
Visa/Mastercards).

Michael RS