RE: swiss-list: Swissair : what about after Oct 27?

From: Michele Welker <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:08:28 -0700

Hi there,

What a week it has been. I'm too have reservations for Christmas, but it
doesn't look good. I've even tried to re-arranged my vacation so I wouldn't
loose all my money - one tickets verses two tickets. I was suppose to fly
out tomorrow, but Swissair decided to cancel all flights out of San
Francisco. They told me I could buy a ticket to Los Angeles and hope to get
on a flight there. Sounds pretty fishy to me. My travel agent didn't have
much better luck with Swissair either. Even though I purchased my ticket
back in July, I started the dispute process with my credit card. I wrote up
a letter on what has happened and how I was treated and hopefully after all
this I get my money back and be able to fly with another carrier.

Any other thought or experiences in the past week.

Michele