Re: swiss-list: what to do with SwissAir tickets?

From: Vladimir Bossicard <click for textversion of email address >
Date: 3 Oct 2001 16:29:43 -0700

> Since I booked via American Airlines I'll try to get re-booked to another
> AA flight. but I will have to pay some extra fees.....if I get the seats.

The following only concerns AA tickets.

I called AA today and I was told:

- code-shared flights for December are still officially "on schedule" (example: SFO-ZRH).
- do not panic (sic)
- wait some weeks to see if the flight is cancelled (after October 28th)
- once a flight is officially cancelled by Swissair, AA will find a solution
  to take you to Switzerland (for example via Dallas).
- if you decide to change your flight now, you will have to pay a fee (about $125-$150).

-Vladimir