RE: swiss-list: Bringing a car in the USA (temporarily)

From: Duebendorfer, Thomas <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:17:34 -0700

Here are the full details about when to register an out-of-state vehicle
in California.

(the following is an extract from:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/pgsvehreg.htm)

Registering An Out-of-State Vehicle
If your vehicle is registered in another state or foreign country, obtain
California registration within 20 days following the establishment of
residency here.

Establishment of residency:
Evidence of residency is established by any of the following: voting in
California elections; paying resident tuition at a public institution of
higher education; filing for a home owner's property tax exemption;
obtaining a license; or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily
extended to nonresidents.

Best regards,

 Thomas Duebendorfer