swiss-list: Swiss passport renewal

From: Chris Cavigioli <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:53:26 -0700

My Swiss passport is about to expire and I'd like to renew it in San
Francisco. I have the contact info of the Swiss Consulate office here in
SF. I understand (from automated telephone info at the Consulate) that I
just mail in my passport with $37 and it will be renewed.

Does anyone know approx. how long this takes?
Does anyone know the name of the person or department to send it too?

-chris