swiss-list: Swiss Press

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:46:02 GMT

Swiss Media:

I hope this isn't a misuse of the Swiss List, but can anyone tell me where to find:

1. Addresses/email/fax numbers of major Swiss newspapers, especially those
   covering Zurich and the town of Jona?

2. Chat sites and message boards of Swiss Newspapers, tourist boards, etc.?

St. Lawrence Cement, a subsidiary of the Swiss Corporation, Holderbank, wants
to build a huge cement plant in the Historic town of Hudson in New York's
Hudson River Valley. This plant, with its 406 foot tall stack, and conveyor
through wet lands, will be within 1 mile of the main street, peoples homes, the
hostipal, elementary school and water supply. Their industrial dock will be
contiguous with a new public waterfront park, which has recently been reclaimed
from brownfield status.

This proposed plant would not be permitted in Switzerland.

We know the Swiss people are environmentally aware and responsible, so we are
hoping for their support in bringing pressure on the Swiss owners of Holderbank
in halting this project.

Any help or information you can give us would be very much appreciated. Thank
you,

Judy Sherman