Re: swiss-list: Fwd: Need help

From: Nico Ghilardi <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 12:24:57 -0700

Dear Anonymous,

I can not offer to you much more than my compassion and the suggestion to count
your losses and find a new job as soon as possible. To haggle over a few thousand
dollars moving costs might be a long drawn-out fight, and lawyer costs might
exceed the actual cost of the moving. However, as far as I know, you could take
the issue to small claims court, where you do not need a lawyer but rather
represent yourself. Even though I haven't been there personally, people tell me
that this is a fast and easy way to get small issues resolved, and I do think you
have a good case.

In anyway, I am very sympathetic to your situation and wish you all the best. Good
luck with finding a new job, which is not hampered by any visa trouble anymore, as
since last September, H1-Bs can be transferred very easily.

cheers
Nico

Claudio Fleiner wrote:

> Dear Swiss-listers,
>
> Yesterday somebody tried to post a message anonymously to the Swiss-List.
> Unfortunately, this is not possible. Because of the urgency, we decided to post
> the message anyway, so here it is. We assume that the poster is either
> subscribed to the list or reads the online archive, but we hope that the
> anonymous poster opens a free email account on e.g. Yahoo, hotmail, gmx.net or
> similar and posts the message again. This will also allow people to answer
> privately to this delicate issue. So for now, do not send your answers to me,
> as I could not forward them anyway and would have to delete them, but instead
> post to the Swiss-List.
>
> Greetings, Claudio Fleiner <claudio_at_fleiner.com>

Nico Ghilardi, Ph.D.
Molecular Oncology Department
Genentech, Inc.
1-DNA Way, Mailstop 40
South San Francisco, CA 94080-4990
USA
650-225-6907 (office)
650-225-1081 (lab)
650-225-6443 (fax)
Please don't forget to donate your daily click to the hungersite and related
sites. Thank you very much.
http://www.thehungersite.com/