Re: swiss-list: double residency (US-CH) for 6 months????

From: Ursula Chavez <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:21:55 -0700 (PDT)

I left the US with the extended green card in 1991
(valid 18 months) and stayed in Switzerland until
1996. You have to travel back to the US at least once
per year. And as more and more years past the INS
inspectors took a closer look at the passport. They
noted every time how long I had been out of the
country. Regarding taxes, as a green card holder you
must file a US tax return. You can deduct a specific
amount which should get your income back to 0. Check
the tax code for the amount.
http://ftp.fedworld.gov/pub/irs-pdf.
Good luck
Ursula