Re: swiss-list: double residency (US-CH) for 6 months????

From: Claudio Fleiner <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 12:57:17 -0700 (PDT)

I suggest that you talk to an immigration lawyer, but unless something changed
you keep your greencard unless you leave the US for a year or more. You can
even apply for an 18month stay outside the US BEFORE you leave the country.

I would be more worried about tax issues: you will be taxed in the US and in
CH, as you are most likely a resident in both countries with respect to taxes.
Consult a knowledgable tax guru on ways to avoid this.

Claudio