swiss-list: double residency (US-CH) for 6 months????

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 08:12:48 -0700 (PDT)

hi,

I am a green card holder and since about 2 years in the united states.
As many others I have been laid off and I'm looking for a job.
A friend offers me a job for 6 months in switzerland.

My concerns are how to do this, without getting problems with the INS:

- is it possible to be at the same time US & CH resident?

- if not, how can I work officially in switzerland?

- I would like to avoid applying for a reentry permit, as I would like to keep this option for the futur.

Thank you so much for any answers

Alice