Re: swiss-list: Green Card Application

From: Bruno Kaiser <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:35:26 -0700

Hi Andreas,

Tobler Andreas wrote:

> H1B --> Green Card
>
> I am the third year on an H1B visa and plan to apply
> for a Green Card. Can anybody give me:
> - the names of imigration lawyers on the Peninsula he
> would recommend?

Edwin J. White, Attorney At Law, 1200 Dore Ave, #203, San Mateo, Ca, 94401
650 373 0900, fax 650 373 0909, edwin_at_hitechvisa.com
He successfully did several visas for us (L-1, H1-B, W) and we're very satisfied
with his services.
He's best to contact via email.

> - the prices they currently ask for the entire process?

ask him directly.

> - any other things to consider?

tax implications:
with a greencard, you will have to file US taxes even after returning to
Switzerland.

> Thanks a lot
>
> Andreas Tobler

Bruno