Re: swiss-list: Monile phoene / SMS

From: Thomas Wicki <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:20:42 -0700 (PDT)

It should be noted that AT&T Wireless for instance offers alphanumeric
paging with an e-mail gateway. An enabled phone can receive short
e-mails, but cannot send messages.

Also, one way to send SMSs to Switzerland and other countries is to use
some web sites (for example, http://www.tropea.it/servizi/sms.htm or
http://www.media.it/autoexpo/sms.htm) which offer the service for free.

--Thomas