swiss-list: Request: Swiss companies in the US

From: Claudia Jonczyk <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:57:24 +0100 (MET)

Dear Swiss-list members,

Spending the last year of my doctorate at the MIT in Boston, I am thinking about
starting working in the US for a couple of years before returning to Switzerland.

Since I have done most of my education in Switzerland (study of business administration
at the University of St. Gallen, HSG, and a doctorate in business administration/strategy
at the University of Geneva), I thought it might be a good idea to target Swiss
or Swiss-American organizations/institutions in the US for the job search. I'd
be mostly interested in positions in business development/corporate strategy,
internal consulting or assistantship to upper management.

I am now at the beginning of this search and wonder if any of you could give
me some tips who to contact:
- What about the Swiss-US chamber of commerce?
- Could any of the consulates help me? Or a department at the embassy?
- Are there other institutions, clubs, industry associations I should contact?

- Is there something like a "contact fair/Kontaktboerse" for Swiss organizations
in the US?

It would be great if you could refer me to a contact person at any of these
organizations. Any idea/comment is highly appreciated. Please mail to jonczyk_at_mit.edu
or claudia.jonczyk_at_hec.unige.ch

Merci,
Claudia