Re: swiss-list: Swiss got J1 problem !

From: Jean-Michel Pittet <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 16:31:29 -0700

Who is the agency transfering your J1? I can give you the address of
someone that had it transfered in 2 days to see who they worked with.

There is also www.aipt.org which deals with J1's. I've had some good
experiences with them in the past.

Cheers
JM

Virginie Sechaud wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Virginie, I come from Geneva.
> I was doing an internship here at San Francisco under
> a J1 Visa. My employer didn't respect our work
> contract and I had therefore to stop working for her.
> I was supposed to do a marketing internship and
> instead of that I had to input contacts into the
> computer and carry things. I couldn't continue doing
> that because of two reasons: It is not my field of
> interest and in order to get my diploma at my school
> in Geneva I have to complete a 3 months MARKETING
> internship. So I have found another internship here in
> San Francisco. But the reason I am writing to you is
> that I encounter problem having my J1 transfer and
> valid to work in an other company. Council at New York
> is responsible for that and doesn't seem worried about
> the fact that it's been three weeks that I am waiting
> for the authorisation of transfering my visa and that
> during that time I have some difficulties dealing with
> my lack of money ! Also, they do not seem worried
> about the fact that I won't be able to get my diploma
> if I don't do another internship ! It is also to late
> for me to look for an internship back to switzerland
> and in plus I have found one here !!
> I hope I am clear enouph to let you understand what is
> going on. I was wondering if someone of your list has
> encountered the same difficulties and if it is, I
> would be glad to contact this or those persons.
> Thanks you,
> I am looking forward to earing back from you,
> Virginie

Jean-Michel Pittet - Director of Engineering - Kaveri Networks Inc.
jmp_at_kaverinetworks.com 408-452-6600, 950 Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale CA 94086