swiss-list: Swiss got J1 problem !

From: Virginie Sechaud <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 15:44:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

My name is Virginie, I come from Geneva.
I was doing an internship here at San Francisco under
a J1 Visa. My employer didn't respect our work
contract and I had therefore to stop working for her.
I was supposed to do a marketing internship and
instead of that I had to input contacts into the
computer and carry things. I couldn't continue doing
that because of two reasons: It is not my field of
interest and in order to get my diploma at my school
in Geneva I have to complete a 3 months MARKETING
internship. So I have found another internship here in
San Francisco. But the reason I am writing to you is
that I encounter problem having my J1 transfer and
valid to work in an other company. Council at New York
is responsible for that and doesn't seem worried about
the fact that it's been three weeks that I am waiting
for the authorisation of transfering my visa and that
during that time I have some difficulties dealing with
my lack of money ! Also, they do not seem worried
about the fact that I won't be able to get my diploma
if I don't do another internship ! It is also to late
for me to look for an internship back to switzerland
and in plus I have found one here !!
I hope I am clear enouph to let you understand what is
going on. I was wondering if someone of your list has
encountered the same difficulties and if it is, I
would be glad to contact this or those persons.
Thanks you,
I am looking forward to earing back from you,
Virginie