RE: swiss-list: Questions

From: Louis Perrochon <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:21:46 -0700

Fred

                  DO IT!!!

Get a loan. Ask your parents, use your savings, whatever. Take some risk!

Get out of Switzerland and look around! It will be the best time of your
live.

>The proposed salary is about $35K per year.

Luckily, that should be enough to live a year in Lexington, Kentucky. Even
with taxes. My parents used to live there when they were my age :-). Nice
place. Families live on 35k/year that in the Bay Area, and housing here is
more expensive. You won't be rich. If you can get cheap housing close to/on
campus, you can bike.

> Which solutions do exist to transport personnal stuff from
Switzerland to US ? How much it cost ?

Don't forget that you can take some 128k in your luggage when you fly (2
persons x 2 pieces x 32 kg, plus carry-on). Pack a few suit cases for your
friends to bring when they visit.

Louis