Re: swiss-list: 2 year's rule

From: Eva Cantoni Renaud <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:17:16 -0700

> One more comment about this... Even in 1991 when I got my J-1 visa, there
> were no clear rules apparently. A friend of mine also going to the US on
> Swiss National Foundation grant did not have the 2-year rule requirement,
> but I did. We never could figure out why...

It seems pretty random.
I also have had a visa where it is written that the 2-year rule DOESN'T
apply (even if I haven't ask for it and I haven't done anything
special).

But this is nice, and allows you to avoid the hassle of going through
the waiver procedure.

I'm wondering whether there is a way of asking for it when the visa is
issued.

Eva

--
Eva Cantoni, PhD                Phone: +1 (415) 725 5988
Department of Statistics        Fax: +1 (650) 725 8977