RE: swiss-list: Questions

From: Hans-Juerg Jost <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:10:09 -0700

There is no real explanation. It is the rules. Ever thought about the
immigration rules in Switzerland? Why seasonal workers can't have
their family in Switzerland? Welcome to being a foreigner. ;-)

<smirk>

(generally, J-1 holders (post-docs, trainees) earn much less than
highly skilled H-1 (programmers, engineers, ...) and therefore might
not be able to feed their family. In this case they can file a form
and request that their spouse can work to make a living. It is not
automatic!

Hansjürg