swiss-list: J-2 Visa & Job & EAD (Employment Authorization Document)

From: Andreas Gerecke <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:31:48 +0200

Hello everybody!

If everything is going all right I will start a post-doc spring 2001 at
Berkeley.
So my spouse should get a J-2 visa.

Now we are looking for information about getting a job and the EAD:

My spouse is office worker (kaufm. Angestellte) - how do you see the chances?
Is it the best way to contact the 'Service for International Scholars in UC
Berkeley' before/after our arrival?
And any more information that could help us!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Andi

Andreas C. Gerecke
Abt. Wasser & Landwirtschaft - Dept. of Water & Agriculture
EAWAG & ETH Zuerich
Ueberlandstrasse 133
Postfach 611
CH - 8600 Duebendorf