Re: swiss-list: air freight, surface mail...

From: Marianne Schmid Mast <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 12:09:06 +0000

Hi Christian,
Two years ago we moved all our stuff from Switzerland to Boston in one
container. We paid a flat rate of around 8'000.-- SFr. and everything was moved
from our home in Zurich to our new address in Boston without a single glass
broken. It is expensive but if you plan to stay for a longer period you have to
take into account that buying furniture here will also cost you not only money
but time and, you will have all your personal belongings with you (especially
the heavy books etc. ). I found it a big time saver. The company we used was
Kehrli and Oehler in Berne. They did an excellent job.
Marianne

--
Dr. Marianne Schmid Mast
Northeastern University, Department of Psychology