Re: swiss-list: Visa and passport

From: thomas hauser <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 08:50:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
To my knowledge it is not possible to get the visa
stamp in your passport inside the U.S. The following
way has work for me successfully:
I went to the US Embassy in Bern between 9.00 and
11.30 when the visa section closes and brought them a
self addressed envelop ready with sufficient stamps
for registered and express mail. This way I got the
passport back to Zurich the same evening without
spending more than 15 min. at the embassy. You will
also have to bring the receipt of CHF 70.- payed to
the CCP of the Embassy in Bern, 2 photos and other
documents necessary for your visa
Good luck, Tom Hauser.