swiss-list: Facilitating the return-survey

From: Laurent Mieville <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 09:31:31 +0200

Hi all,

As mentionned in a previous mail. I will participate in a discussion forum
on brain drain organized by the newspaper "le Temps" which is a follow up of
the latest serie of articles by Nicolas Dufour. Other speakers should
include Patrick Aebischer (President of ETH Lausanne) and Mrs de Weck who
acts as head hunter for expats.

I think it is a good occasion to underline the main initiatives which could
help in facilitating the return of Swiss abroad. I have listed below some
possible actions aiming to this goal. Please rate them from 1 (irrelevant)
to 5 (very relevant) so I can insist on the most important ones. Then reply
to ME and not the list, I will provide the stats to the list.

Thanks a lot,

Laurent M (mailto:laurent_at_mieville.ch)
ACTIONS AIMED AT FACILITATING THE RETURN 1 (irrelevant) to 5 (very relevant)

Introduce "entrepreneur scholarships" to provide swiss incubateur access and
financial support for swiss expats (1 2 3 4 5)

Provide financial support for 6 months stay in Switzerland after a research
scholarship (1 2 3 4 5)

Organize a visit in Switzerland of selected companies by Swiss abroad to
promote personal contacts (1 2 3 4 5)

Organize job fairs in the US where swiss companies would present themselves
and look for candidates (1 2 3 4 5)

I have other propositions:..........................

WHAT IS THE MAIN ASSET OF SWISS-LISTERS

We are the Brains of Brain Drain (1 2 3 4 5)

We have exposure to the new economy and are motivated to develop it in CH (1
2 3 4 5)

We feel we are more entrepreneur (1 2 3 4 5)

I have other propositions....................................