swiss-list: Phone Rates

From: Bela Ban <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:10:50 -0700

Hansjuerg Jost has uploaded the results from my survey of phone rates to
Switzerland to the swiss-list web site
(http://www.swiss-list.com/swl_pho.html). Have a look if you are
interested. It is by no means comprehensive, but please feel free to
email me if you know about better rates or have corrections for existing
ones.

On a personal note: I have used IDT so far (with a rechargeable calling
card). However, as I was getting replies, I tried out one or the other
provider. www.tel3.com sounded promising, however, their 'sign-up' link
never worked (will be working soon, yeah, yeah...). Also, they did not
offer any signing-up via phone. So I tried netphonecard and was very
satisfied with both the web interface and their rate (8-9 cents). There
are 2 ways of placing a call: either via an 888 number and a code, or
via the web. In the second case, you have to fill in a form (your phone
number plus target number). On submitting the form, your phone will ring
and a connection to the target number is established. Cool, this also
allows you to create a phone address book and place calls by just
clicking on a name. Disadvantage: the address book is gone when you
change providers... Also, you have to 'manually' recharge your account
(they may add an automatic replenishment feature soon, but I doubt I'll
use it).

Cheers,

--
Bela Ban