swiss-list: Tax Exemptions, the numbers

From: Louis Perrochon <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 07:26:45 -0800

Here is the URL

It turns out that I was all wrong. Most foreigner need not pay taxes on most of their income, depending on what they make, maybe not
at all. The exemptions based on Visa Status for the tax year 1999 are

J1: $40,000/year for the first two years, $20,000 after.
F1: $10,000/year for the first 5 years
H1: $100,000/year for male tax payers,
     $70,000/year for female
     For equality, female people often get 30% less salary for the same job.
O1: $15,000/year
Q1: $35,000/year

Check this our for the details and how to file (or amend) your tax return

http://216.151.216.78/TC/TaxExcemptions.htm

Bear in mind, I am not a lawyer, so ask your tax consultant!

Louis