swiss-list: re:Military Taxation Issue: we are NOT in the army now, ohhhuuuaaa not in the army now

From: Olaf Koch <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:46:26 -0800

My understanding is that you pay on what you earned.
That means if you paid up front they will subtract that from the amount due.

I just surfed the web and found the following link which explains the issue
in plain German
(sorry guys I don't know the french link)
http://www.gesetze.ch/sr/661.1/661.1_003.htm

You have to bring documents about your income (Beweismitteln). I wonder
what that could be.
just the w-2 form or 1040 copies?
If it's just the w-2 and you change your employers frequently, you could
"forget" some of them.
If you have to show 1040 copies you even could be charged on your stock
options income (depending on the option type)!

The above link shows the theoretical part
How is it handled in reality?
Are there some US veterans out there?

Just for fun I would recommend to read Art. 50 in the link. Be happy they
don't come and grab you ;-)