Re: swiss-list: If I have a H1B, what visa will me wife get and will she be allowed to work?

From: Laurent Vuilleumier <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 14:24:55 -0800

Hello Stefano,

To be more precise, your wife will have an H4 visa which is
NOT a work visa as Daniel point it out. However, if your
wife wants to work she does not need necessarily to have
an H1 visa which are pretty difficult to obtain. Since she
would need to petition for a visa for herself, she could go
for whatever visa would suit her case (J1, O1, whatever...).
In such a case, your H1 visa would have absolutly no
influence on her chances to obtain a work visa. It only
insures she would be allowed to stay here with an H4.

Laurent

--
Laurent Vuilleumier               e-mail: L_Vuilleumier_at_lbl.gov
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory      phone : (510) 486-6108