swiss-list: new ideas, suggestions and help wanted

From: Hansjurg Jost <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:26:39 +0100

Dear Swiss-Listers,

Looking for new ideas, suggestions and help !
The swiss-list comittee is looking for your support. If you have new ideas
about future directions of the swiss-list or you would like to contribute to
its web site or organize meetings, please read on.

More generally, if you would like to contribute to any of the activities of
the swiss list, you are welcome to come to our meetings. Some of the
committe members went back to Switzerland and we would welcome any support.

We need help with the following tasks (also indicated, who did it so far):

> Organization (events, etc.):
     Laurent Miéville, Hans-Jürg Jost, Marc-Olivier André,
     and Laurent Vuilleumier.

Do you think networking is useful? Want to meet other (young) Swiss in the
Bay Area? We didn't have Swiss-List socials since last summer! If you have
a great idea, please help us organize an event! Contact Hansjürg Jost
<hjost_at_mail.arc.nasa.gov>

> Web site management:
     Laurent Vuilleumier (editorial),
     Marc-Olivier André (public member list), and
     Laurent Piguet (technical).
> Editorial (web site, article, and documentation):
     Laurent Miéville, Hans-Jürg Jost, Marc-Olivier André,
     Laurent Piguet and Laurent Vuilleumier.

The web pages were created almost 3 years ago and are probably not accurate
anymore. If you just went through the process of getting settled and would
like to share that information, or if you have other ideas for the web
site, this position is for you... contact Laurent Vuilleumier
<L_Vuilleumier_at_lbl.gov>

We are also reevaluating the service we get on geocities. If you have great
ideas on where to move the web site, hey join us and do it! Or keep the
member list up to date. Contact Hansjurg Jost <hjost_at_mail.arc.nasa.gov> or
Laurent Vuilleumier <L_Vuilleumier_at_lbl.gov>

> Mailing list: Jean Heegaard.

We hope to find a volunteer residing at Stanford to manage the mail list.
Contact Jean Heegaard <heegaard_at_bonechip.stanford.edu>

Thanks for your help,

Laurent Vuilleumier
Jean Heegaard
Patrick Pestalozzi