Re: swiss-list: Working visa in the US

From: Jean-Michel Pittet <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:41:16 -0800

Also, you can get a J1 by yourself, without having a employer sponsor you,
come over here and look for a job.

http://www.aipt.org or the office in Bern formerly known as BOFA/OFIAMT
(I think, it has been a while).

The job market is **very** hot (I'm looking for 4 people for my group for
instance) and we've paid for the visa and relocation costs of the previous
5 Swiss hired into our groups.

If you are looking for a startup position, you need some kind of experience,
but with that I'd point you to: http://www.vfinance.com

Search the news archive for key words that would be in your area of expertise.
VFinance contains Venture Finance information about recent funding. Any
company that received a few million $ will spend it very quickly on new
hires, even if they haven't had time to put a formal job description on
their web page.

For the last 5 working days the following money was invested in startups:
2/1: $46M, 2/2: $42M, 2/3: $94M, 2/4: $92M, 2/7: $27M

Cheers
JM

--
Jean-Michel Pittet   jmp_at_sgi.com   Phone:650-933-6149   Fax:933-3542