Re: swiss-list: Working visa in the US

From: Vincent von Kaenel <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 08:49:35 -0800 (PST)

I'm in the US with an O1 visa. Sorry to contradict what has been said
before but there is absolutely not time limitation,
this O1 visa can be renewed indefinitely. There is not need to go back for
any time in your country.

Moreover, if you have to work for another company during your stay in
the US, your application for the green card is does not need to be
restarted, which is not the case for the H-1 visa.

The O1 visa can be obtained faster than the H-1.

Have a look at http://www.immigrationassociates.com/photo.htm
and http://travel.state.gov/visa;tempwkr.html

Best Regards,
Vincent