swiss-list: Looking for software engineers

From: Philippe Alexis <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:20:05 -0800

Hello everyone,

I am posting this job announcement to this list because of the connection
bivio, the hiring company, has with Switzerland. The founder and CEO is
half Swiss, the CTO has lived in Zurich for more than ten years. On top of
that, the name bivio was inspired by a small Swiss village of the same name
(check it out at www.bivio.ch ).

I am half Swiss myself, and was hired recently. I assure you it is a great
place to work in and the treatment of Swiss employees is exemplary! Here is
the ad:

bivio is looking for an experienced generalist to join our world-class
software team. We are a service-oriented software startup based in
Boulder with employees in the SF Bay Area, NY, and Zurich. On Nov 15,
we will launch a Web-delivered application to a half-million users.
Our free service competes with an existing PC shrinkwrap product.

WHAT WE EXPECT:
* problem solver
* computer scientist/talented programmer
* minimum of 5 years experience
* team player/egoless programmer
* extreme responsibility

WHAT WE OFFER:
* equity, competitive compensation
* 4 weeks vacation
* home office with high-speed Internet access
* freedom to distribute a portion of your work as freeware
* ownership of a problem space

If you feel you are up to the challenge of creating one of the world's
first web-delivered applications, please send your ASCII resume to
jobs_at_bivio.com.