swiss-list: survey for article on Swiss immigrants

From: Werlin/Paris <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 17:41:28 -0700

Hi everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a Swiss (soon to be
Swiss-American) writer and free-lance journalist. I am preparing an
article for the Tages-Anzeiger about Swiss immigrants in the US,
focusing on the difference between the past and the present.
In the article, I will definitely mention the issue of "Brain Drain" as
discussed on the Swiss-List site. In addition, I would love to hear
from Swiss list members who might be willing to answer the following
questions:

1) are you planning to
a) stay in the US?
b) return to CH eventually?*
c) Undecided?

*1d) If you are here only temporarily, how long would you estimate your
stay here will last?

2)
a) Did you come here exclusively for professional reasons?
b) Personal reasons?
c) Both?

3)
a) are you a Swiss citizen only?*
b) do you have double citizenship?

*3c) if you don't have American citizenship, do you plan to acquire it?

Of course, if any of you would like to elaborate on their personal
immigration experience or their views on the Swiss presence in the US, I
would be very glad to talk to you -- please e-mail me your phone# and
best times to reach you, and I will contact you.

Thank you so much for your participation! The article is currently
scheduled to appear in early August, and I'll be sure to mail a copy to
(Laurent V.?)

Cheers,
Sarah Paris