swiss-list: More general info about job posting

From: Laurent Vuilleumier <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:08:03 -0700

Dear Swiss-Lister,

First of all, I hope that those of you who read my previous
message about position at Nestle will excuse the broken
English I used. Reading again my message, I realized I
would be better off not doing two things at once. By the
way, I notice another message on the Swiss-List that was
not written in English. Following on previous discussions
held on this list, I would really encourage all of you to use
English when writing to the list.

Now to the core of the message: Some answers I received
to my previous message mentioned that even though some
web server now exist for job offers in Switzerland, it would
still be useful to continue to mention on the list, the job offers
I find when they relate to high-level scientist positions.

Since I stopped doing that to reduce the traffic on the Swiss-
List when I thought the existing web sites were good enough,
I would like to know if the general feeling is:
a) better a little bit more noise, but I can start posting again
  what I find.
b) better keep quiet, people looking for job can now look
  on the web sites for themselves.
Let me mention I do not commit myself to give complete
reports. This is just when I come accross something.

I also want to mention that there are currently 11 professor
positions advertised on the web site of the SFIT at Lausanne
http://admwww.epfl.ch/pres/profs.html
I know this web site, but I have never been able to find the
equivalent at the SFIT at Zurich (not Telejob, but a specific
professor job offer site) or at any other Swiss university.
In case any of you knows of one, I will be eager to add it
on our link list.

Laurent

--
Laurent Vuilleumier               e-mail: L_Vuilleumier_at_lbl.gov
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory      phone : (510) 486-6108