swiss-list: FICA?

From: Laurent Rus <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:57:46 -0700

Greetings:

I recently change status in the United States from an F1 (Student) to
H1 (temporary worker) Visa.
As a Temporary worker in the US, my employer is currently deducing me
the Social Security and Medicare Tax. Is my understanding, these two
taxes are under the FICA Tax. I would like to receive your comments on
whether or not these taxes apply to me, and/or the different options.

 Please fell free to request any further information.

Thank you in advance.

Laurent Rus