swiss-list: damn taxes and more

From: Luca Vassalli <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:17:27 -0700

     Ciao all,

     so about this military tax ... do I just play dum, and since I did not
     get any request of payment from the Government and I have been here
     for more than 3 years I have to hope they will not get me?

     changing subject!!!
     BTW: is the Consul monitoring this list for fun or as an official
     spying duty!

     And ... why when we get e-mails from the General Consul they are never
     actually from Peter but from some other person at the consulate but
     signed by Peter? Does he put them in charge of doing that or they do
     it just as a curtesy for the swiss-listers!

     Don't you think that this list should NOT be used for official
     disclosure of information by the government since it is selective to a
     certain group of people and does not reach all Swiss residents in the
     Bay Area!
     How is the consulate reaching those other people? I certainly never
     receive information directly address to me by snail mail or other
     means. Does the consulate of SF have a web site?

     Just a thought! maybe I am just paranoid and Americanized!
      Luca