Re: swiss-list: damn taxes

From: Jesse Wirth <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:35:41 -0500

Here are my two cents worth....
As far as income taxes go there are no obligations for CH.
The military thing is somewhat different. If the rules haven't changed, you
have to pay military tax for the first three years you are out of the
country and after that you're done. That tax is a percentage of your income
but i don't remember how much.
And yes, when you return to CH the good ol' army will get a hold of you
before you know it..... (first hand experience i might add...).Of course,
that only happens if you register when you get back.....

        JesseW