swiss-list: looking for child care

From: Alexej Jerschow <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 14:31:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Swiss-list members,

We are currently looking for a child care place for our son (17 months) in
Berkeley (actually South of Campus, if possible). We have contacted
Bananas service for addresses but we have not found any vacant places yet.
Do you have any suggestions/advice ? We would like to have full days but
would think about taking less if that's necessary. We would also prefer to
have meals included. Price range 500-700/month.

What do you think about family child care vs. child care centers ?

What is your attitude towards hiring baby sitters ?

Any advice on where to get cheap toys ? small bicycles ?

Thank you

Alexej Jerschow