swiss-list: meet Sunday 2/28/99 5.30pm

From: Hansjurg Jost <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:33:39 -0800

Dear Swiss-Listers,

Our founding father Laurent Mieville happens to be in the area this
weekend. Good reason to have a social event. We were trying to find a spot
that would allow us to get together with him very casually and without a
lot of bureaucracy (reservations, minimum spending, credit card guarantee
etc), which turned out to be quite complicated and took some time.
Hence, you receive this very short notice of a Swiss-List social event. We
apologize for that. See below for other planned activities.

When:
Sunday, February 28, 1999 @ 5.30pm

Where:
Gordon Biersch
2 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone: 415-243-8246
Fax:415-243-9214

For map, menu etc:
http://www.gordonbiersch.com/restaurants/index.html

Just show up at the bar where we will have a beer or two. You will easily
recognize us by our accent ;-). After that those who want can move upstairs
for dinner, reservations can be made right there.
If you already know that you will come, please let me
(hjost_at_mail.arc.nasa.gov, don't post to the swiss-list, we want to keep
high signal to noise on the mailing list) know for a rough head count. But
you can show up without reservation!

See you there,
Hansjuerg Jost (hjost_at_mail.arc.nasa.gov)
Marc-Olivier Andre <andre_at_socrates.berkeley.edu>

++++++++++ NEWS ++++++++
By the way, the Swiss-List web site http://www.swiss-list.com got a first
award: link of the month on http://www.transfer-online.ch. They are
interested in input from this side of the Atlantic.

There will be other events with longer notice. If anyone has a great idea
for an activity, go ahead and organize it! If you have questions about that
simply email me or Marc-Olivier.

March 13-14, 1999. ski/snowboard/your-favorite-winter-sport weekend in
South Lake Tahoe. Details to follow soon.

April 99: next social